Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The very "Cool" Creek Park!

Still don't think this is how I want it to look on my page but . . . what the heck. 

So last week while Mia was at Horse Camp the boys and I went creek stomping (a new term even for me) at Cool Creek Park.  It was great.  The water was just deep enough for us to walk through and still find goodies. 

The night before our adventure I was telling Andrew that when I was a little girl, the kids in my neighborhood would all meet up at the Creek out back and look for crayfish.  Andrew had never really heard of them and was a little surprised that his mom would partake in such a "cool" thing.  After explaining to him what they are and how to catch them, he went to bed with very high hopes of catching one the next day. 

This was our first trip to Cool Creek and it really was a COOL Creek.  The boys and I had a blast walking up and down the creek crayfish hunting.  Our spirits were getting a little deflated and we were ready to throw in the towel when SURPRISE, Mom found one!  Andrew helped me use the 2 small buckets to ease him out from under the rock and into one of them.  The boys were thrilled. 

After meeting up with some friends, the kids continued the hunt.  They didn't find any more crayfish that day, but they did see a snake, catch a few water worms (really strange things) and a few squirrels. 

Not to shabby for our first trip to the truly COOL CREEK! 


 
PS. Yes this is the same crayfish now in the cup holder in the back of my suburban!  I am sure you are asking yourself "Well how did that crayfish get there?" and that is a very good questions.  Andrew may have turned his listening ears off when I said " DO NOT PUT THE BUCKET IN THE CUP HOLDER! IT IS TOO BIG!" Yes, I am pretty sure he didn't listen and hence the crayfish ended up swimming in the cup holder until we could get more water.  I have yelled at my kids for a lot of things being put in the cup holders but this was a first. 

PPS.  The crayfish did make it out of the car and back into the creek (well our creek) safe and sound! 

No comments:

Post a Comment