Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Off to an already Rocky Start!

Well . . . so much for staying on top of this Blog thing and updating weekly.  Opps.  I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures to put on the page so it looks a little more. . . you know like us! 

Today is the last day of school and we have our STOP, QUIET and PLAY signs ready to go for the front door.  Pictures to follow as soon as I figure that part out. 

Tadpoles (that I almost paid for, but ended up finding some out back) are still kicking, well swimming.

Andrew found a Grey Tree Frog yesterday at the pool in the filter so we spend a lot of time catching him bugs, but I am feeling really bad for the little guy so I think tonight be his last night as a Colvin.  Time to rejoin the rest of the tree frog colony!  Again, as soon as I can upload pictures I will. 

I have decided that next week while Mia is at Horse Camp, Andrew and I will be having a crash course in "all the things on the 1st grade checklist I don't know yet"!  Thank goodness we only a few things to go and the list will be complete.  We are going to spend our morning on Monday at the library (ok let's be real, more like 15mins because we have H with us) and then since it is Math Monday we are going to hit NUMBER WORD recognition, heck maybe I will throw in a little addition and subtraction review. 

Let's all cross our fingers that he will know how to spell his middle name, recognize his number words 1-100 and master his phone number and address by the weekend. 

Can't wait to spend some quality time with Erica, Lexi and Grampy this weekend. 

. . . . . .And then the real fun begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment